- Say NO to the State Government’s development plans!
- Keep and refurbish the existing Preston Market!
- Compulsorily acquire the market and put it in public hands!
What you can do:
The Save the Preston Market Action Group is building a community campaign to protect the market from destruction. The community must stand together to say “NO” to the destruction of the Preston Market.
The politicians and big business will not listen to us as individuals, but when the community unites and locks arms to protect the market the people in power will have no choice but to listen. The only way we can do this is if everyone in the community gets involved. Everyone has something to contribute in the struggle to save the market.
Seven things you can do right now!
- Talk to your friends and family, show them this website!
- Join our community campaign! Sign up here!
- Ask your school, community group, place of worship, seniors centre, or sports team if we can come and talk to them about saving the market. Let us know on this form!
- Sign our petition demanding public acquisition.
- Get a “Save The Preston Market” sign for your house or local business – request one here.
- Help us run our stalls on Saturday mornings at the market!
- If you speak a community language and can help us translate materials, get in touch here.
- Donate to the campaign!